General surgery is a surgical specialty that focuses on abdominal contents including esophagus, stomach, small bowel, colon, liver, pancreas, gallbladder and bile ducts, and often the thyroid gland (depending on local reference patterns). They also deal with diseases involving the skin, breast, soft tissue, trauma , peripheral vascular surgery and hernias.
Normal doctors might sub-specialize in several of the following professions:
1. Shock surgery/ Operative Vital Attention
2. Laparoscopic surgical procedures
3. Colorectal surgical procedures
four. Breasts surgical procedures
5. Vascular surgical procedures
6. Endocrine surgical procedures
7. Transplant surgical procedures
8. Surgical oncology
9. Cardiothoracic surgical procedures
10. Pediatric Medical procedures.